Italian Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut a 3-in. pocket in each slice of bread; place a slice of cheese in each pocket. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Soak bread for 2 minutes on each side. Coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle until golden brown on both side and cooked through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Grilled Cheese
Sort By :
This grilled cheese was a great variation to the average sandwich. It was obviously more work than the everyday grilled cheese but worth making. It was flavorful, gooey and still paired very well with tomato soup. The crust on the outside was crisp as well.
My children LOVED this recipe and requested that I only make these grilled cheese from now on. My eldest said it tasted like a mozzarella cheese stick sandwich.