Enhance your menu anytime using this flavorful recipe. Toasted almonds add crunch to the medley of green beans and mushrooms.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook onion in 1 tablespoon oil and butter for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the salt, oregano, pepper and beans; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until beans are tender.
- Place in a serving dish. Top with onions, cheese, almonds and basil. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Green Beans and Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p43
Reviews for Italian Green Beans and Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2014
"Tasty, but no Wow factor."