Italian Green Bean Stew Recipe
This stew recipe from my daughter warms the heart on a cold winter day.
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook meat in 1 tablespoon butter until browned; drain and set meat aside. In same saucepan, saute the celery, onion and garlic with remaining butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, 3/4 cup water, salt, oregano, pepper and reserved meat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Stir in beans and parsley. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes longer or until meat and beans are tender. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 356 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1104mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Italian Green Bean Stew
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC