Italian Green Bean Salad Recipe
Basil and red pepper lend bright flavor to this green bean salad. You'll love the crunch pine nuts provide! Kathy Kittell - Lenexa, Kansas
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine beans, peppers, basil and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice and seasonings until blended. Drizzle over bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Green Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC