Italian Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Fill a 6-qt. stockpot two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine beans, peppers, basil and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice and seasonings until blended. Drizzle over bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Green Bean Salad
"This was very tasty and refreshing. I used a bottled salad dressing to save time and left out the pine nuts because my grandson is allergic. It was still great. I made it for Christmas dinner with homemade baked manicotti and meatballs The meal was rich so this side dish went perfectly. Plus the red and green was great for Christmas!"
"the taste was average, nothing that stands out. i did like the pine nuts, it added a little extra flavor and texture to an otherwise ok side dish"