Italian Green Bean Salad Recipe
Basil and red pepper lend bright flavor to this green bean salad. You'll love the crunch pine nuts provide! Kathy Kittell - Lenexa, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Additional fresh basil leaves, optional
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Transfer to a salad bowl; add the basil, peppers and pine nuts. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Drizzle over bean mixture and toss to coat. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC