"EVERY Italian meal must have its garlic bread, and this recipe is not only delicious but also attractive. It's rich which cheese and butter and colorful with paprika. Auntie Ann always waited until we were all seated before bringing out her garlic bread, warm from the oven."
Featured In: Mom's Best Recipes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Split bread lengthwise; place, cut side up, on a large baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine butter, cheese, garlic and oregano; brush onto cut surfaces of bread. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Garlic Toast in Reminisce Extra October 1993, p47
Reviews for Italian Garlic Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review