- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cheese, parsley, garlic powder and remaining oil. Dip each strip into butter mixture, then twist two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
"I made this recipe using refrigerated crescent dough and they tasted great! It's good to know the butter mixture will work even with premade tube dough or ready-made pizza dough from the supermarket. They would be great as a quick appetizer too."
"Delicious! Wonderful for cold weather."
"Made these tonight and thought they were a little bland. Recipe only calls for 1/4 teaspoon of salt, wondering if it should be more, maybe a typo? They looked good, but taste was blah. Would be willing to try again because they looked like they should taste wonderful, will try adding 1-1/4 tsp salt instead."
"Why post a review to say you won't be making the recipe??? Only post a review if you made it!! I have and they are really good. A little work and effort, but truly worth it."
"This sounds yummy, but I think I will just buy the refrigerated pizza dough or croissant dough and go from there."