I found this recipe in a farm newspaper many years ago. It is one of my family's favorite appetizers especially before Italian dishes.—Loretta Fisher, Abbottstown, Pennsylvania
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cheese, parsley, garlic powder and remaining oil. Dip each strip into butter mixture, then twist two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p42
Reviews for Italian Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review