- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 tablespoon oil, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. square. Cut in half lengthwise; cut each half widthwise into 1-in. strips.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cheese, parsley, garlic powder and remaining oil. Dip each strip into butter mixture, then twist two to three times.
- Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-21 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Garlic Parmesan Breadsticks
Sort By :
I made this recipe using refrigerated crescent dough and they tasted great! It's good to know the butter mixture will work even with premade tube dough or ready-made pizza dough from the supermarket. They would be great as a quick appetizer too.
Delicious! Wonderful for cold weather.
Made these tonight and thought they were a little bland. Recipe only calls for 1/4 teaspoon of salt, wondering if it should be more, maybe a typo? They looked good, but taste was blah. Would be willing to try again because they looked like they should taste wonderful, will try adding 1-1/4 tsp salt instead.
Why post a review to say you won't be making the recipe??? Only post a review if you made it!! I have and they are really good. A little work and effort, but truly worth it.
This sounds yummy, but I think I will just buy the refrigerated pizza dough or croissant dough and go from there.