Italian Garden Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the chicken, pepper, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and onion.
- 3. Drain spaghetti and beans; rinse in cold water. Add to the other ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 369 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Garden Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.