- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the green beans during the last 4 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the chicken, pepper, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, zucchini, squash, tomatoes and onion.
- Drain spaghetti and beans; rinse in cold water. Add to the other ingredients and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Garden Salad
"Delicious for a light dinner on a hot summer night. I don't like raw squash so I substituted diced cucumber for the zucchini and yellow squash. I served it with bakery-fresh croissants."
"Very nice and I love all the veggies, but there was no WOW factor to it."
"I made this last night and we all loved it. From now on this will be a go to for leftover spaghetti!I think the addition of black olives, ham, and diced radishes and celery would be nice add on's"
"Wonderful taste, easy to make. I make the day before and let it sit to get more flavor. Made this a second time and used elbow noodles and different cheese and added different stuff, still turned out wonderful"
"Excellent salad! A hit with the group I made it for! I used whole wheat spaghetti-delicious-and will break the spaghetti in half before cooking next time to make it a little easier to serve. I'll be looking for reduced fat cheese to help cut the fat a little, but this is a great fresh-tasting salad!"