Italian Garden Frittata
I like to serve this pretty frittata with melon wedges for a delicious breakfast or brunch. —Sally Maloney, Dallas, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 egg whites
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, 1/4 cup Romano cheese,
- sage, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray, saute
- zucchini and onions in oil for 2 minutes. Add egg mixture; cover and
- cook for 4-6 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Uncover; top with tomato slices and remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in.
- from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let
- stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wedge equals 183 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 655 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.