Italian Garden Frittata Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese, sage, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 4-7 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 3. Uncover; top with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Health Tip: Using six egg whites, which is equivalent to three whole eggs, saves almost 30 calories and 4 grams fat per serving.
1 slice: 183 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Italian Garden Frittata
"Simple, easy and delicious. It reminds me of the Frittata's my dad made. He always used leftover veggies from the day before, usually asparagus and broccoli."
"Really enjoyed this dish but added a few diced mushrooms and a pinch of oregano."
"Italian garden frittata is a simple, easy meal to make and one we double when we have company. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box, as my family really likes it."