Italian Garden Frittata Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese, sage, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 4-7 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- 3. Uncover; top with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Health Tip: Using six egg whites, which is equivalent to three whole eggs, saves almost 30 calories and 4 grams fat per serving.
1 slice: 183 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Italian Garden Frittata
"Really enjoyed this dish but added a few diced mushrooms and a pinch of oregano."
"Italian garden frittata is a simple, easy meal to make and one we double when we have company. It's a keeper and going in my recipe box, as my family really likes it."