Italian Frittata Recipe
This recipe has been a longtime family favorite. We love its savory, sweet, subtle Italian flavor. It's colorful, fluffy and a healthy way to start the day.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pimientos, Italian seasoning and parsley; set aside.
- 2. Drain spinach and pat dry. In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, cheese and salt. Top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 3. Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 frittata equals 343 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 456 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Frittata
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC