Italian Frittata Recipe
This recipe has been a longtime family favorite. We love its savory, sweet, subtle Italian flavor. It's colorful, fluffy and a healthy way to start the day.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash salt
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs, pimientos, Italian seasoning and parsley; set aside.
- Drain spinach and pat dry. In a 7-in. ovenproof skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter and oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with spinach, cheese and salt. Top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Frittata in Reminisce Extra May 2011, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Italian Frittata(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Frittata >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Breakfast Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >