Italian Fresh Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients.
- 2. Just before serving, pour 3/4 cup vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining vinaigrette for another use. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).
1 cup: 84 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 149mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Fresh Vegetable Salad
"I have made this salad a couple of different times and I love it. It has a few vegetables that most other salads do not have. I make it and eat it over the course of the next few days."
"Not fond of the dressing but the vegetable mix add your own favorite dressing was awesome!"