Italian Flank Steak Recipe
- 2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the salad dressing mixes, oil and lemon juice. Brush over both sides of steak; place in a shallow dish. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 2. Grill over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes on each side for medium, 5 minutes on each side for medium-well or until desired doneness is reached. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3 meat, 1/2 starch; also, 267 calories, 793 mg sodium, 59 mg cholesterol, 8 gm carbohydrate, 24 gm protein, 16 gm fat.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.