Italian Fish Fillets
"My husband and I resolved to eat healthier, so I was pleased to find this quick recipe for fish fillets. I tried it with cod and added a few twists of my own," says Mindy Holliday from her home in Westfield, Indiana. "Italian salad dressing, diced tomatoes and green pepper give the fish delicious flavor. We can't get enough of it!"
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium green or sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the green pepper, onion, salad
- dressing and Italian seasoning for 5 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Stir in tomatoes; add fillets. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 216 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.