Italian Fish Fillets Recipe
- 1 medium green or sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the green pepper, onion, salad dressing and Italian seasoning for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; add fillets. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 216 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 33g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 3 vegetable
Reviews for Italian Fish Fillets
"It is full of vegetable with the fish! Very easy to make almost a full meal! My husband loves it."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.