Italian Fish Fillets Recipe
"My husband and I resolved to eat healthier, so I was pleased to find this quick recipe for fish fillets. I tried it with cod and added a few twists of my own," says Mindy Holliday from her home in Westfield, Indiana. "Italian salad dressing, diced tomatoes and green pepper give the fish delicious flavor. We can't get enough of it!"
- 1 medium green or sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the green pepper, onion, salad dressing and Italian seasoning for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; add fillets. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Fish Fillets in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Fish Fillets(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2010
It is full of vegetable with the fish! Very easy to make almost a full meal! My husband loves it.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >