Italian Fennel Salad Recipe
Not familiar with fennel? Crunchy and slightly sweet, it's a refreshing contribution to any spring side dish. Give this effortless recipe a try...it's sure to become a favorite.
- 3 large fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Trim fennel bulbs and cut into thin wedges. Snip feathery fronds; reserve 1 tablespoon.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine onion and fennel wedges. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with snipped fronds before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 62 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Italian Fennel Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC