Not familiar with fennel? Crunchy and slightly sweet, it's a refreshing contribution to any spring side dish. Give this effortless recipe a try...it's sure to become a favorite.
Recommended: 62 Ways to Eat the Rainbow
- 3 large fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Trim fennel bulbs and cut into thin wedges. Snip feathery fronds; reserve 1 tablespoon.
- In a large bowl, combine onion and fennel wedges. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with snipped fronds before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Fennel Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p141
Reviews for Italian Fennel Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review