Italian Egg Rolls Recipe
Impress your company with these homemade egg rolls filled with yummy sausage, veggies and cheese from Shirley Intihar of Eveleth, Minnesota. . The simple party starters come together really easily. You'll master the technique quickly!
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool. Stir in the spinach, cheeses and garlic powder.
- 2. Place 1/3 cup sausage mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, in batches, for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with spaghetti sauce if desired. Yield: 14 egg rolls.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC