I'd been making garlic cheese biscuits for years before I tried spicing them up with some green chilies. These biscuits go well with soups as well as Mexican and Italian foods. -LaDonna Reed Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, water and chilies just until moistened. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Drop Biscuits in Reminisce July/August 2005, p49
Reviews for Italian Drop Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2011
"This is a keeper recipe!"
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"these are really good. I am not of fan of green chilies and if you are not you can leave them out. I added a little more water also until they could be dropped by a spoon."