Italian Dressing Pasta Salad Recipe
This colorful salad is hearty enough to be a light meal in itself. It's a great make-ahead dish, since the full flavors of the herbs and veggies need a little time to blend.
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow summer squash, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 block (8 ounces) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 block (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Grated Romano cheese, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain well. In two large bowls, combine the California vegetables, tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, cheeses and pasta.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, parsley, basil, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Stir in olives. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Toss before serving. Serve with Romano cheese if desired. Yield: 36 servings.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Italian Dressing Pasta Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC