Italian Dressed Broccoli
Here's a tangy treatment for broccoli that the whole family will enjoy. It tastes terrific with Italian-themed meals, but would work equally well alongside almost any main dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the broccoli, onion and water in a large skillet. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the remaining
- ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.