Here's a tangy treatment for broccoli that the whole family will enjoy. It tastes terrific with Italian-themed meals, but would work equally well alongside almost any main dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the broccoli, onion and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Italian Dressed Broccoli in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p30
Reviews for Italian Dressed Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013
"Quick and easy to make, and had a great taste. Be careful not to over cook the broccoli."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
"the Italian salad dressing compliments the flavor of the broccoli well. it's a nice change to a predictable dish."