Here's a tangy treatment for broccoli that the whole family will enjoy. It tastes terrific with Italian-themed meals, but would work equally well alongside almost any main dish. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the broccoli, onion and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Italian Dressed Broccoli in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p30
Reviews for Italian Dressed Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013
"Quick and easy to make, and had a great taste. Be careful not to over cook the broccoli."
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2011
"the Italian salad dressing compliments the flavor of the broccoli well. it's a nice change to a predictable dish."