Italian Dipping Sticks Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Unroll breadstick dough; cut each piece in half widthwise and separate. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Add dough pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, place pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
1 bread stick with about 1 tablespoon sauce : 47 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch
Reviews for Italian Dipping Sticks
"I made this for my cards night ladies, it was a big hit! And so easy to make!"
"How do you make your own breadsticks? Would love to try them but would rather make them myself. Please let me know."
"haven't tried them yet, sous good but how would you make your own breadsticks?"
"quick and easy snack, everyone loved them , will make again"
"Sounds delicious and I'll surely try it soon."
"Great.. I make my own home made breadsticks...Thanks for the idea.."
"For everyone concerned about health issues and content of foods, remember "moderation in everything"."
"Will make them....don.t care what the label says.... Just don.t eat to much of them...!!!! My health is still good.I am 81.. ( but 63 years of Fibromyalgia has made a "wreck" of me...but that has nothing to do with food. I try to live it up..."
"Absolutely delicious ! "
"Very good! A keeper for sure. I enjoyed them they were easy to make"
" I'm interested in what others have done to change a recipe and how those changes improved or worsened the end result. I plan to try this one out."
"Quick EASY and best of ALL YUMMY~ AND I have to agree with Spinmom~ Just made them for Superbowl. This is a keeper!"
" I can't wait to try it later today for our Super Bowl party."
"These are delicious easy and fast! My family loves them"
"So easy and quick to make...the kids loved them!"
"Super easy and something all 4 off my pick kids love."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.