Italian Dipping Sticks
This is a favorite snack in our house during the Super Bowl. I season refrigerated breadsticks before baking, then serve them with warm pizza sauce for dipping. —Michelle Revelle, Guyton, Georgia
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Unroll breadstick dough; cut each piece in half widthwise and
- separate. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine Parmesan cheese
- and Italian seasoning. Add dough pieces, a few at a time, and shake
- to coat.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-13
- minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place pizza sauce in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover;
- microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with
- mozzarella cheese. Microwave 1 minute longer or until cheese is
- melted. Serve with breadsticks. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: One breadstick piece with 2 teaspoons dipping sauce(prepared with part-skim mozzarella) equals 47 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.