Italian Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and seasonings. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and 2 tablespoons butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 15 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Melt remaining butter; dip tops of balls in butter and remaining cheese.
- 4. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 5. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 15 rolls.
1 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 278mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Italian Dinner Rolls
"*correction* I'll "half" the recipe next time."
"these were good but I'll have the recipe next time. I thought they would have more of a flavor to them, next time I'll add more cheese or garlic salt."