Italian Crumb-Crusted Beef Roast
Italian-style panko crumbs and seasoning give this roast beef a special touch—it's a nice, effortless weeknight meal. That way, you can put your energy into relaxing. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, MA
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting
- pan; sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients;
- press onto top and sides of roast.
- Roast 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove roast from oven; tent with
- foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef equals 319 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.