Italian Crumb-Crusted Beef Roast Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with salt. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; press onto top and sides of roast.
- 2. Roast 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef: 319 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Italian Crumb-Crusted Beef Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.