Italian Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1. Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Italian Chuck Roast
"This roast is great for slicing and serving on a crusty roll, while using the juices to dip sandwiches in. While I previously used a recipe that was handed down, this is my new go-torecipe."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.