Italian Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1. Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 327 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 735mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Italian Chuck Roast
"This roast is great for slicing and serving on a crusty roll, while using the juices to dip sandwiches in. While I previously used a recipe that was handed down, this is my new go-torecipe."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.