Italian Chuck Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Chuck Roast
Sort By :
So easy. We used a 3 pound chuck roast. It was great. Made "pulled beef" sandwiches and vegetable beef soup with the leftovers.