Moist, flavorful and a cinch to throw together, this roast creates a rich, glossy gravy that tastes wonderful over noodles or potatoes. The beef is also delicious when it's shredded for sandwiches.—Jenny Bloomquist, Helena, Montana
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds)
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the salad dressing mix, au jus mix and gravy mix with 1/4 cup water; rub over roast. Pour remaining water around the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chuck Roast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2010, p37
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Chuck Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review