Italian Christmas Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in ricotta and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Italian Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
"I have been making this cookie at least since 2006. It is a hit every year. My size is larger than a tsp closer to a tbsp"
"These cookies are the best! So moist & delicious."
"this are easy to make and taste great, what more could you want in a cookie"
"I made this cookie last Christmas and everyone said it was absolutely delicious.I recently made it again for a baby shower but used only blue sprinkles (a boy) - everyone wants the recipe!"
"I have made these cookies for the past 2 yrs for the holidays. They are very moist and delicious. I just made several batches for my daughter-in-law's baby shower and used baby blue sprinkles in lieu of holiday. They were beautiful, wonderful and everyone enjoyed them! Last night I made a batch to bring for our trip to visit the expecting parents since they stated that "Nicholas Parker" (baby to be in 1 month) wanted some!!"