Italian Chops With Pasta Recipe
Thanks to an Italian makeover, this pork is perfection in a pan! Tender chops, red wine, fire-roasted tomatoes and penne pasta make a luscious complete meal in minutes. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or chicken broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked penne pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown chops in oil in a large skillet. Remove and keep warm. Saute green pepper and onion in the same skillet until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated. Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Return chops to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chops with Pasta in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p13
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Chops With Pasta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >