Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups iceberg lettuce blend
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients; sprinkle with pancetta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 228 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 522 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.