Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken Recipe
Don’t let the ingredient list fool you—this summery chicken salad is so simple! Prepare it in the morning; let it chill all day; and then toss with the dressing right before you serve it. For another spin, I sometimes add fresh grilled corn. —Sharon Pellegrini, Auburn, WA
- 1/4 pound sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups iceberg lettuce blend
- 1 cup cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients; sprinkle with pancetta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p25
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Chopped Salad with Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review