Italian Chicken Tenderloins Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 163 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Tenderloins
"I made both this recipe and one for the Herbed Angel Hair pasta Recipe and it was a good combination. Good homecooked meal but not all that strong Italian flavor. That there are quite a few ingredients, first the sauce, then the seasoned flour, is the only down side."
"Do you think it would be possible to make this in a crock pot?"
"This chicken was delicious. My kids didn't like the sauce but hubby loved it. I also made the noodles they recomend. This was a big hit."
"This recipe is excellent, very flavorful. The only change I made is that I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them in half instead of using chicken tenderloins. I have made this several times for different guests and they have all really enjoyed it. It's quick and easy to make too which is so great."
"This was good."
"I almost didn't make this- one review was good, the other bad, but I am glad that I tried it. It has a mild flavor that my preschooler really liked, but enough flavor to make it interesting for the rest of us. I think next time I make it, I might make extra sauce and serve it over plain pasta."
"In place of the tomato paste (only because I didn't have any) used ketchup instead. Both my husband and I thought it was very good."
"i made this and it was YUCK! it took 4ever to get it done all the way through. do not make this"