Italian Chicken Tenderloins Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked chicken with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.