- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/8 teaspoons paprika, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and 1/8 teaspoon paprika in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bay leaf, bouillon and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, oregano and remaining paprika. Add chicken; seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook half of the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm; repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Discard bay leaf. Serve sauce with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Tenderloins
"I made both this recipe and one for the Herbed Angel Hair Pasta Recipe and it was a good combination. Good homecooked meal but not all that strong Italian flavor. That there are quite a few ingredients, first the sauce, then the seasoned flour, is the only down side."
"Do you think it would be possible to make this in a crock pot?"
"Quick, easy and tasty! Different idea for chicken which is great when you are bored!"
"This chicken was delicious. My kids didn't like the sauce but hubby loved it. I also made the noodles they recomend. This was a big hit."
"This chicken turned out very good. I used tomato sauce and less water since I didn't have tomato paste. I will definitely make this one again - quick, easy, tasty. And it's just 4 points on Weight Watchers."