Italian Chicken Strips Recipe
"This moist chicken goes from stove to freezer to table without losing flavor or texture," assures Barbara Eberlein. "I usually get two frying pans going and have four cookie sheets full of chicken when I'm done. The hardest part is keeping my fellas out of it 'til dinner-time," notes the Belleville, Illinois cook.
- 1 package (15 ounces) dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (8 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, water and remaining garlic salt. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, then shake to coat in crumb mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately; or cool and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC