Italian Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1 package (15 ounces) dry bread crumbs
- 1 can (8 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon garlic salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, water and remaining garlic salt. Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, then shake to coat in crumb mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately; or cool and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Strips(1)
Sort By :
I order bulk chicken breasts at a great price so I am always looking for great chicken recipes to put in the freezer for make ahead meals. This recipe is going in my permanent recipe box because it is great. There wasn't that much work to it, but the chicken strips turned out great. They kept their flavor and texture after being in the freezer and baking. These are great for a quick dinner or lunch since they only take 15 minutes to bake. I even used homeade whole wheat breadcrumbs, homeade low salt Italian seasoning and egg beaters instead of eggs for the dipping and canola oil for frying and everything still turned out great.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >