Italian Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, potatoes, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 475 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 11g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 4 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Stew
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.