"My husband enjoys preparing this satisfying stew because it's so easy to make," relates Jo Calizzi, Vandergrift, Pennsylvania. "With warm Italian bread, it's a winner on a cold day."
Recommended: 21 Healthy Fall Stews to Warm Up Cold Nights
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, potatoes, red pepper and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Stew in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review