Italian Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken over medium heat until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery, green pepper, onion and mushrooms until tender.
- 2. Return chicken to pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 184 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 28g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Italian Chicken Skillet
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.