Italian Chicken Skillet Supper Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons shredded Romano cheese
- Flatten chicken slightly; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter and oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper and pine nuts until vegetables are tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Skillet Supper(8)
Sort By :
We have small appetites so I was able to get 3 servings out of one 8 ounce chicken breast and made a few small changes. I used non stick cooking spray..olive oil favor..to cook the chicken and I didn't have any pine nuts in the house so omitted those. Otherwise I followed the recipe and served on noodles...flavor was very good and will definitely make again.
Not a lot of flavor.
Excellent!!! We pretty much followed the recipe, except mixed the flour, broth, and mustard before adding, and we also added capers. Served it over angel hair pasta. Will probably toast the pine nuts next time (and there will definitely be a next time!).
Easy and tasty - a new favorite
Delish!!!! I doubled the recipe to serve four and the family pronounced it like something you get at a restaurant. Didn't have pine nuts.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >