"Hearty and well-seasoned, this delicious chicken is sure to appeal to all palates," relates Shirley Thompson of Lane, Oklahoma.
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each), skin removed
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute chicken over medium heat until browned. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute celery, green pepper, onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Return chicken to pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Skillet in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p16
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review