Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
My whole family loves this recipe. The Italian pickled vegetables give it a distinctive taste. I also serve it on a bed of lettuce, or as an appetizer on crackers.
- 2/3 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons mild giardiniera, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- Dash pepper
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add mayonnaise and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup salad onto two bread slices; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 302 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Salad Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC