Everyone loves chicken salad, but this mayo-free version always stands out. Cooking the chicken in the crockpot gives it so much more flavor! For parties and showers, you can serve it on croissants or in lettuce cups. —Andria Lint, Flowery Branch, Georgia
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sweet peppers, onion, almonds and capers; stir in vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 servings (9 cups).
Originally published as Italian Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p199
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Salad Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review