Italian Chicken Salad Cups Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup drained capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, sweet peppers, onion, almonds and capers; stir in vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve on lettuce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 16 servings (9 cups).
Originally published as Italian Chicken Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p199
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Salad Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review