Italian Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 thin slices (4 ounces) deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a slice of ham and half slice of provolone cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll up from a short side and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine crumbs, Romano cheese and parsley. Pour milk into another bowl. Dip chicken rolls in milk, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place roll-ups, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Roll-Ups(28)
Sort By :
These had pretty good flavor. I liked that they browned nicely in the oven. I used ham and provolone. Roll ups are a challenge for me but they came out okay. Some were not as pretty as others. I think I will try making them on a day where I have more time and freezing a batch for weeknight meals.
Tried these but substituted prosuto and mozzerila cheese as that was what I had and they were great. Will diffently make them again.
these were delicious, I've made these twice already. Next time I'm going to try it with Dijon mustard as one reviewer stated
my husband loves it. I will do it again this week.
My family loved this!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >