Italian Chicken Roll-Ups Recipe
Because I have a busy schedule, I like to keep a batch of these tender chicken rolls in the freezer. Coated with golden crumbs, they seem fancy enough for company. I've substituted mozzarella cheese for the provolone and pastrami for the ham with equally delicious results. —Barbara Wobser, Sandusky, Ohio
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 thin slices (4 ounces) deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a slice of ham and half slice of provolone cheese on each piece of chicken. Roll up from a short side and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine crumbs, Romano cheese and parsley. Pour milk into another bowl. Dip chicken rolls in milk, then roll in crumb mixture.
Place roll-ups, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks.
Freeze option: Wrap unbaked chicken roll-ups individually in plastic wrap; place in a large resealable freezer bag. Freeze up to 2 months. To use, completely thaw in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 425°. Unwrap roll-ups and place on a greased baking sheet. Spritz with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC