"I created this soup so my family and I could enjoy a satisfying sit-down meal on busy nights," writes Wendy Sorensen from Logan, Utah. "It's ready in no time but tastes like it simmered all day. Try adding fresh zucchini or using leftover turkey instead of chicken."
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine the broth, spaghetti sauce, chicken, parsley and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in rice and sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Chicken Rice Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p46
Reviews for Italian Chicken Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review