Italian Chicken Pockets Recipe
"My sister-in-law prepared these hearty sandwiches that are filled with chicken, mushrooms and pepperoni," writes Tricia Buss of Telford, Pennsylvania. "My husband loved them so much, he insisted I ask for the recipe."
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add green pepper and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add pepperoni and spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- 2. Spoon into pita bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Pockets
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC