"My sister-in-law prepared these hearty sandwiches that are filled with chicken, mushrooms and pepperoni," writes Tricia Buss of Telford, Pennsylvania. "My husband loved them so much, he insisted I ask for the recipe."
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until no longer pink. Add green pepper and mushrooms; cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Add pepperoni and spaghetti sauce; heat through.
- Spoon into pita bread halves. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Pockets in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p44
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review