- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1 egg white
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and basil. In another shallow bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Dip chicken into beaten egg white, then roll in crumb mixture; place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, Italian seasoning, sugar, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and tomatoes until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve chicken and sauce with pasta if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken Parmesan in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p43
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Chicken Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2012
"Great recipe. I had looking for a good recipe for spaghetti sauce and this one is perfect."